Tuesday 29 September 2020

Reading Power Glass My Experience and How I foresee or would like the Glasses in the Future Could be

I am Karthikeyan Karuppanan, aged 44 years and currently in the City of Chennai, TamilNadu, India.  I have been facing reading problems particularly smaller font letters and was not able to see or sight the letter at a shorter distance (Short sight).  I also, had to renew my driving license and I had approached Sri Ramachandra Hospital in porur for eye testing for license and they went through their regular procedure for eye testing and they confirmed that my right eye has a short sight problem.  The reading of my eye sight parameters attached in the image for the technical details.  The doctors recommended me to buy a progressive reading power glass to help me and my eye sight.  

I approached Vismaya Optics in Gerumgambakkam to provide me or to select different manufacturers Glass or lens to meet my power requirement.  The Professional @ Vismaya Optics explained the various aspect of glasses the features and different vendors.  I was provided with three options Prime Lenses, Lenskart, essilor and so on.  I chose Prime Lenses for the features that matched my expectation and mainly for the pricing reason as other to manufacturers glasses with similar features was comparatively expensive.  Since, I wasn't earning right now and had to choose an option that is cost wise reasonable and at the same time doesn't compromise on the quality. 

I choose the Prime Lenses (IP-Wide) - customized option as the option to meet my requirement.  I wasn't feeling very comfortable after purchasing the glass for the following reasons,

1. The reading focus area wasn't optimal enough to sight a full A4 sheet.

2. The glass when first used when I was driving car and I felt the vision wasn't clear.

3. The Retailer told me that it would take time to adjust.  However, the reading focus area of my right eye through the lenses was restricted through an arc at the bottom of the glass, the driving is set at the top of the glass and the intermediate viewing was set at the center.

I went and approached the Vismaya optics. I had three lengthy discussions with him and I finally explained him why is the Glasses not reflecting the reality of an eye?

My questions to him where,

The Eye is naturally a three dimensional body organ, elliptical rather ellipsoid in shape.

The Eye ball is spherical in shape at the center of the elliptical eye or ellipsoid. 

The Eye ball has a lens through which we get to see a wider area.

Is not possible to reflect the true aspect of eye in shape?

Can glasses be like a Camera lens or like a natural eye extended exactly like an eye ?

Can glasses be embedded with SmartChips and that are flashed with embedded software for vision assistance in it?

This SmartEGlasses would be shaped to reflect the eye (3d like our HD Cameras embedded in Mobile phones, Video cameras and cameras) and be a enhancer to eye to ensure the Patients are able to see the objects as through a natural eye.  This glass shall be able to track the movement of the eyeball, it's power parameters, whether he is currently reading a book, or watching movie, or driving, or working on a computer and so on.   Such a glass would be a gift to people affected with Vision through which they would be able regain their view completely or almost 98% vision recovery like Google Search Algorithm Accuracy yardstick.  Such a technological advanced feature glass that is very natural, is almost an extension to our real eye and provides the same broader view or even more broader view with no restriction or constraints on the patient to move his head, glass, position the book, length restriction in reading, and all of these put a strain on the eye that has power.  

I hope such a Glass is manufactured and comes to market in mass with optimal pricing for mass usage like a SmartPhone at a starter prices that costs only Rs. 5,999 today.


what do we think or say about this idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment